Goal: Continue to increase the diversity of our faculty with special emphasis on faculty from underrepresented backgrounds.
- Strive to increase our faculty diversity to meet or exceed diversity goals as compared with national demographics, peer institutions, and within academic disciplines.
- Increase the diversity of our faculty to meet or exceed diversity goals as compared with national demographics, peer institutions, and within academic disciplines.
- Track applicant data for 100% of our faculty searches.
- Increased promotion and tenure rates for our junior and non-tenure track faculty from underrepresented backgrounds.
- Expand development opportunities for junior tenure eligible and non-tenure track faculty from underrepresented backgrounds.
- Enhance the culture of the school to support all faculty, with attention paid to the unique needs of our underrepresented faculty.
- Year 1: Q1 – Launch FLP to help develop and retain faculty from underrepresented groups and all faculty who want to expand IDARE practices into their work.
- Year 1: Q3 – Develop a standard report on faculty recruitment and retention to be shared with school leadership and the faculty senate.
- Year 1: Q2 – Establish benchmarks of faculty diversity compared to national demographics, peer-institutions, and within academic disciplines.
- Year 1: Q3 – Establish faculty diversity recruitment goals with departments
- Year 1: Q3 – Launch the revised Faculty Diversity Initiatives for the BSPH.
- Year 1: Q3 – Create process and position description for visiting scholars.
- Year 2: Q3 – Update our Faculty Diversity Initiative with new and expanded strategies in response to the results of the University Climate Survey.
- Year 1: Q4 – Hire visiting scholars to serve during Year 2.
- Year 2: Q4 – Evaluate the visiting scholars program for impact on education, research, and improving pathways for underrepresented communities to BSPH.
- Years 2-5 – Annually assess and revise the FLP to continue to improve program curriculum and participation.
- Years 2-5 – Annually review faculty recruitment and retention data using standard reporting developed in Year 1 with school leadership and faculty senate. Use this information to revise recruitment and retention strategies for underrepresented faculty.
- Years 2-5 – Continue visiting scholars program with annual reviews of the program to determine ongoing viability.