The Fannie Gaston-Johansson Faculty of Excellence Program (FGJFEP) is devoted to enhancing the diversity of the Faculty at Johns Hopkins University. While cluster hiring is the key recruitment strategy for the FGJFEP, under rare circumstances, we will consider proposals for individual Non-STEM faculty or individuals who will be in administrative leadership positions. These positions include Department Chairs, Division Directors, and Deans.
- These individuals should be able to be more impactful at JHU than elsewhere. That impact could be in their own scholarship (a better scholarly fit here at JHU) or in their impact on production of students of color obtaining their doctorates.
- Funding would be directed at matching startup.
Faculty for a Leadership Position
- These individuals should be in the hiring process at the time of application.
- Funding would be directed at contributing to startup.
- The individual must submit a cluster proposal the next cycle.
- Positions include Department Chairs, Division Directors, and Deans