Goal: Increase awareness and application of inclusive practices/behaviors in leadership and mentorship to support equitable advancement of early career faculty from underrepresented groups.
- Established infrastructure for faculty mentorship and development
- Increased satisfaction with mentorship and career development for faculty from URGs
- Equitable progress through faculty ranks for faculty from URG and non underrepresented faculty (i.e. no statistical difference between tenure success rate or time to tenure of faculty from URG and non-UR Faculty)
- Increased understanding and application of diversity, equity, and inclusion skills in mentorship, sponsorship and development of faculty from URGs
- Year 1 – Deploy climate survey and develop onboarding curriculum for URG faculty
- Year 1– Develop and implement a diversity, equity and inclusion competency framework that establishes behavioral and learning outcomes for faculty, department heads and senior leaders (Project ELEVATE Inclusive Professional Development).
- Year 2 – Launch onboarding program for early career faculty from URGs
- Year 2 –Collaborate with Center for Improved Mentoring Experiences in Research (CIMER) to implement mentor training for senior faculty and department heads
- Year 3 – Continue implementing leadership development and mentor training
- Year 3-4 – Assess junior faculty progress to tenure and retention
- Year 4-5 – Implement second climate survey to gauge progress